10/27/10

Justrite Stamps Challenge #41

The new challenge at Justrite Stamps is to create a holiday recipe swap.

I found this square box which needed some love. I first covered the box with red cardstock. Along the edges of the box top, I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the vine. I used pattern papers on the box top.

I stamped the image from the Baking Stamp Ensemble on white cardstock in black, then stamped the sentiment on a seperate piece of white cardstock since I wanted the image to stand out. I then cut the scalloped circle in red cardstock and mounted the 3 pieces together.



Before adhering the circles, I embossed some red cardstock with a Christmas Cuttlebug embossing folder, adding it across the center of the box. Using Justrite's Demi Phrase stamps , I stamped the half circle, die cut it into a full circle and inked the edges red. I then die cut a smaller circle for the middle, then added this under the embossed cardstock, allowing just the top half circle to show. A few brads finished the look I was seeking. The ribbon around the box gave it a nice finished look.





Now for my recipe:



Sinful Fudge
1 – 12oz bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips
1 can of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting
½ cup nuts (optional)


Empty the bag of chocolate chips into a bowl
Microwave on high until chips have melted
Stir until you have a smooth paste
Add can of frosting and mix thoroughly
Add nuts if desired
Spoon into a glass dish
Allow to harden
Cut into squares

I typed out my recipe, then die cut it using Spellbinders Labels Eight. The recipe was then mounted on a corresponding piece of red cardstock. I stamped another image from the Baking Stamp Ensemble and added that to the bottom right corner. A few punched holly leaves and I am done.

I'm thinking this will be a great gift for a good friend.





Cardstock: stash
Pattern paper: EKSuccess
Die cuts: Spellbinders, Nestabilities
Embossing: Cuttlebug embossing folder
Stamps: Justrite Stamps
Ink: Memento
Brads: Creative Imagination
Punch: EKSuccess, Martha Stewart
Ribbon: stash

3 comments:

  1. Love the papers! Wish I had some of that fudge!! It's one of my weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Got to head to the grocery store! Like the way you incorporated the demi phrases onto your box top's design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely sounds sinful! What a great gift box you made -- thanks for playing in JustRite's challenge!

    ReplyDelete