5/10/11

I'm Dreaming of....

This week's challenge at ICOPIC is to create a card using Copic reds. Ahh, now that is a challenge. I find that reds are the hardest color to work with, but I needed to give this a try.

I had this lovely sleeping cat in a Santa hat stamp that I knew would be perfect for this challenge.



I first embossed the cat image in black then proceeded to add my reds. I used R59, R37, R29, and R17. Then I went over the entire hat with the colorless blender to work the colors better. I added some Spica pen to the bell, the edge of the hat and the berries. The cat was colored with E43, E47, E50 and the mouse with C1 and C3. The ribbon was a last minute add on to fill some empty space.



Once I had the cat colored, I went through my papers to find some Christmas papers. I used Scenic Route for the backgrounds and Cosmo Cricket for the tag. Because of the ribbon, I wanted the image to pop so I added big pop dots to the die cuts and smaller pop dots for the stamped image. Check out this dimension.

Supplies:
Cardtock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: Scenic Route, Cosmo Cricket
Stamp: Penny Black
Ink: Memento
Embossing Powder: Stampendous
Markers: Copics, Spica
Dies: Spellbinders, Nestabilities
Ribbon: stash
Other: Machine stitching

2 comments:

  1. Great card and you did a wonderful job on your reds. I used to be so afraid of reds too but now that you've achieved such wonderful results I bet you will be trying it more and more!! Thanks for joining us in our red challenge this week at icopic : )
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that is so darling! I just love the little kitty. Great job with the reds.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    iCopic DT Leader
    SP and Company Stamps

    ReplyDelete