8/24/11

Congratulations

Good morning. I love making cards and using the Papertemptress papers makes every card you create absolutely stunning!!! My card today showcases 4 paper selections and a different shaped card.




I used Poison Ivory as the base of my card, creating a 3 1/2" x 9" card. Since my paper was 11", I scored my cardstock at 9", allowing for a 2" flap. As I wanted a longer flap, I added an extra piece of cardstock on top to create a 4" flap. I then added Canyon Brown to the top flap (inside and out) to cover the joined area. Jellybean Green was cut to fit the inside.

Using Clearsnap adhesives and foils on Neenah Solar White , I created the font panel of my card. I inked the edges then matted the panel to Jellybean Green, Canyon Brown and Poison Ivory . While these layers allowed the panel to pop and provided stability to my card, it did not add much extra bulk or weight.

I used Clearsnap's Congratulations Design Adhesives and gently rubbed them on the cardstock. Peeling away the top layer, I added different colored Clearsnap Designer Foils to create the fun look to the sentiment. It was easy to do and I was able to reuse parts of the Designer Foils that I used in an earlier project - so NO waste!!!

I then used Clearsnap's new Honey Mix'd Media Inx around the edges of my card for some more dimension. Did I tell you I love this new ink!!!!!! And working with the Foils is amazing!!!


Supplies:
Cardstock: the Papertemptress
Ink: Clearsnap Honey Mix'd Media Inkx
Adhesive and Foils: Clearsnap

No comments:

Post a Comment