3/8/12

Altered Basics Blog Hop



Welcome to the Altered Basics Blog Hop! The Clearsnap Design Team is inking and altering our Basic Necessities, a variety of packaging materials and containers released at the CHA-W 2012 show in Anaheim, CA earlier this year. These "Basics" allow you to create custom inkpads, mix your own color combinations of Smooch Spritz and glitter, as well as provide a blank canvas for cute altered gifts, like the adorable tins our My Frist ColorBox Stamps are packaged in. You might recognize packaging from some of your favorite Clearsnap products like the salt shaker style jars from the Donna Salazar Designs Fairy Dust Glitter, an uninked ColorBox inkpad, and the Clear Boxes our Smooch Spritz Assortment Packs are packaged in. We think these Basic Necessities will allow your creativity to soar! We're also excited about giving away a set of select Basic Necessities items as prize for one hop commenter! Just click on the blogs each day, browse through the post and check out the "Altered Basic", and then leave a comment about your favorite Basic Necessity to be entered to win. For an extra entry, post the secret phrase "I love the Basics!" on our Facebook Page here: http://www.facebook.com/Clearsnap. We'll choose one winner from all of the comments on March 9, 2012!

March 7, 2012
Clearsnap Blog - Tami Sanders - http://clearsnap.blogspot.com/
Sabrina Alery - http://sabrinaalery.blogspot.com/
Mary Dawn Quirindongo - http://mypinkmexico.blogspot.com/
Jean Okimoto - http://davebrethauer.typepad.com/inkollage/
Daniela Dobson - http://danieladobson.blogspot.com/

March 8, 2012
Clearsnap Blog - Jean Okimoto http://clearsnap.blogspot.com/
Steph Ackerman - http://stephaniescraps.blogspot.com/
Jennifer Priest - http://hydrangeahippo.blogspot.com/
Charlotte Jenkins - http://suepup.blogspot.com/

Don't forget to leave a comment about your favorite Basic Necessity on each blog in the Hop. Happy Hopping!--the Clearsnap Design Team

For my first project, I decided to alter the Fairy Dust jar with the Spooky Design Adhesives. So I gathered an assortment of Designer Foils, Glitter and Embossing Powders and went to work.






I cut apart the Design Adhesives and placed different images on each side of the bottle. I used Lucky Penny and Winter Sky Foils on the tree.



I used Black Embossing Powder on the cat and Seaport Designer Foils on his hat. Then Lucky Penny and Cherry Pie on the stars.



I used Lucky Penny Foils on the candles and Cherry Pie Foils on the candelabra. Since I pulled a little too quickly, I had a missing spot, so I used some Emboss Gloss on the candelabara and added Silver Lining Glitter on top.



I used Lucky Penny and Irish Eyes Foils on the pumpkins and Black Embossing Powder on the bats.

I decided to add candy in my jar once I was done because I thought it would make a great table setting for Halloween.




For my next project I used the Smooch Spritz bottle. Using Dancing Hearts Design Adhesives and assorted Designer Foils, this was a fun bottle to alter.



I cut apart the hearts and placed them randomly on the bottle one at a time.

I added assorted colors of Designer Foils randomly on each heart. I was looking to create a fun effect.





Clearsnap Supplies:
Design Adhesives - Spooky and Dancing Hearts
Designers Foils - Lucky Penny, Winter Sky, Irish Eyes, Cherry Pie, Pink Punch, Seaport
Top Boss Embossing Powder - Black and Clear
Silver Lining Glitter
Emboss Gloss
Fairy Dust Glitter Jar
Jumbo Smooch Spritz Bottle


Your next step on this hop is Jennifer's blog and I know she has something fabulous for you.

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous job- I love the foils. I love the way the spray bottle turned out especially. I stilll love the ink pad with case best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects!!!!! Love the Design Adhesives on the glass!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute projects. I am loving this Design adhensive even more now. I love all the designs. So I have to say this is a favorite now. I still love that ink pad too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE foils! These are both great projects!

    Think the ink pad is still my favourite, though.

    Thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. Love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great! I love those foils, and they are just the right touch! My favorite basics are the salt shakers, the spritzers and the uninked pads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the foils. Will look great on the Halloween table.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the decorated bottles! I will definitely try the design adhesives on clear glass surfaces. What a wonderful idea! Thank you! Oh, I really want some of these "basics"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these turned out great!! design adhesives are my fav!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! My favorite is the jar with lid

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shaker jar is so cute, it's my favorite item. And I love how you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The jar with the shaker lid is my favorite because it can be decorated with stickers and glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas, love the spray bottle. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great ideas, love the spray bottle. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete