5/22/12

Book Box

If you want to make someone go WOW! after receving a package from you, try creating this Book Box!   It is a little time consuming, but the WOW factor is amazing!



Cut white cardstock  5 1/2" x 10 1/2".   Using Scor-Pal, score at 4 3/4" AND 5 3/4" to create the spine.  Using a bone folder, crease the score lines well. 


Cut 2 pieces of cardstock, each 4" x 8" and 2 pieces of cardstock, each 4 1/2" x 8".

Using the Scor-Pal, score across each piece of cardstock at every 1/2", with the final score at the 7" mark. Using a bone folder, accordian fold each strip.


To assemble, attach the longer pieces to the shorter pieces. Placing them flat, overlap the first flap and use Scor-Tape to adhere the ends.    Carefully force each piece together and adhere at the final flap with Scor-Tape.


Continue adding each piece and your book will look like this once completed.  When adding the final piece, you need to assemble both sides at once. It's a little tricky, so take it slow and watch your box take shape.



Ink all edges with Wheatgrass Ink.   Using Scor-Tape, adhere ribbon around the outside of the book, being sure it is long enough to be tied into a bow once the book has been finished.



Using the Standard Flowers Rollagraph Wheel and Berry Ink, I created my own background papers.  After embossing with Clear Embossing Powder, I randomly added several colors (Zen Garden, Wheatgrass and Stormy Seas) to the background using a Styllus. 

I used black cardstock to create the second layer as well as the interior layers of the book, cutting the cardstock slightly smaller than the front, back, and spine.    I cut apart the background paper I created, cutting it to fit the black cardstock mats.  Before adhering these layers, I inked all edges with Wheatgrass Ink.



Using Spellbinders Oval dies, I die cut the opening in the front of the book - you may need to use scissors to help the die cut process because you are cutting through 3 layers of cardstock plus ribbon. Using the Beaded Oval die, I die cut the top layer from black cardstock to finish off the front of the book which I then placed on top of a piece of vellum.   I then randomly added white brads to all three sections to provide a little more stability.

The flowers were cut using Spellbinders Blossom dies, inked with Berry Ink, spritzed with Gingerale Smooch Spritz and then crumpled. They became quite pliable and I could then make them any shape I wanted.  Once the Smooch dried, I had the perfect flowers!  I added some additional Berry Ink with a Styllus along the edges of the flowers. 

The sentiment was stamped with Berry Ink  and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, then attached through the center of the flowers with a brad.  A glue dot holds the flowers to the book.

Using the Simple Dots Rollagraph Wheel and Zen Garden Ink, I lightly rolled over the interior black mats, then inked along the oval cut out.  I added a strip of the flowered background to the interior spine.

Once the interior was finished and the accordian pleated box adhered to the base, I finished of the top edges with Spellbinders Fleur de Lis dies.  Placing 2 coordinating dies together I die cut white cardstock to create a finished edge inside and out. A little Berry Ink was added to the dies before mounting to the accordian pleated box.




I used the cut off die cut piece for the interior sentiment which I stamped with Stormy Seas Ink and adhered to the bottom of my box.  A small bag of candy kisses was the perfect finishing touch and looks nice tucked inside the book.  Once the candy was pulled out, the sentiment is revealed.


Clearsnap Supplies:
Ink: Colorbox LE Pigment Inks: Zen Garden, Wheatgrass, Berry, Stormy Seas, Raisin, Blue Jean
Rollagraph: Standard Flowers, Jumbo Simple Dots
Embossing Powder: Top Boss Clear
Smooch Spritz: Gingerale
Styllus

Other Supplies:
Tool: Scor-pal
Cardstock: Bazzill
Dies: Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large, Beaded Ovals, Fleur de Lis, Blossom
Stamps: Hero Arts
Ribbon
Brads
Vellum
Glue Dots
Scor-Tape





3 comments:

  1. Oh I just love these.. :) your colors are wonderful and I love the sentiment.. Thanks so much for entering into the DT Call over at TAWS..This is going to be so hard to pick just one of you..
    HUGS
    Ali
    -owner of the Alley Way Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    This is gorgous!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete