6/12/12

Altered Letter J

This project appeared on the Globecraft Memories blog last month.  I love working with Globecraft Memories products because you can create such a variety of projects. I had this wooden letter in my studio and thought I'd play around and see what I could create.



I began by first covering the letter with Piccolo Adhesive and then adding Mermaid Tears.


After heat seeting, I pounced some Piccolo Adhesive around the letter and added some Enchanted Aubergine. When the powders melt, they blend together nicely.

Because the Picollo Adhesive could not fit in the smaller areas, I put the adhesive on a foam brush and then used the foam brush to apply the adhesive to the smaller areas so I was able to add more Enchanted Aubergine. Worked like a charm! The powders held fast and look great. I carefully added adhesive around the edges of the letter and then applied Vintage Silver.

Once finished, I added a flower with Glue Dots to the top of the letter. Then I added clear rhinestones around the letter. Because they didn't show up too well, I "painted" the rhinestones with Clearsnap Gold Lame Smooch and added 24K on top. Once heat set, the rhinestones really took on a life of their own.

Globecraft Memories Supplies:
Piccolo Enamel Adhesive
Powders: 24K
Enchanted Aubergine
Vintage Silver
Mermaid Tears

Other Supplies:
Letter: Making Memories
Clearsnap Smooch Ink - Gold Lame
Want2Scrap Rhinestones
Prima Flower
Glue Dots









No comments:

Post a Comment