12/7/12

Scor-pal and Pink Paislee

This was last week's post on the Scor-pal blog where I worked with Pink Paislee's Portfolio Collection.

I loved the block of quotes on the Outstanding and Unbelievable papers so I designed a card to work around them.  As I wanted to keep my card simple to maintain the focus on these quotes,  I decided to created a scored background.


Cutting cardstock 5 1/2" x 11", I scored it in half to create the card.  Then, lining up the card diagonally on the #6, I began to score every 1/4" until I reached the edge of the card.


Next, I turned the card 180 degress so that I could score the other side of the card every 1/4".


This is the finished look of the card base. 


Cutting the Unbelievable paper into a 4" x 4" square, I created a base for the quotes.  I then took the elements I wanted to use and inked them with Clearsnap Ink before adhering to the square. This entire piece was then added to the card front with foam adhesives for dimension. 


Here's a close up of the grouped elements and the score lines.  The Artisian butterfly chipboard and brackets were fun elements that added some visual interest to the card.  To highlight the scored lines, I inked around the edges of the card so that the scored lines would become more prominent.


I don't usually finish the inside of my cards, but this Incredible paper was perfect for the inside.

 

For my next project, I created a tri-fold card which could easily double as a gift card holder. 
 
 
 
I cut the Amazing paper 6 1/2" x 8 1/4".  Placing the longest side at the top of the Scor-pal, I scored at  2 1/2" and 6 1/2".    I used a punch along the edge of the narrower piece to finish the flap.



I selected elements from the Unbelievable paper and used them as my interior sentiments, inking the edges and matting with cardstock. 


I love creating rosettes and the Scor-pal makes it so easy. Just cut a 1" x 12" strip of Amazing paper and score every 1/2". Once the rosette was completed, I added an Artisian Butterfly on top.

 
Finally I added the rosette to the center of the front flap and used velcro as the card's closure.




This next project is a mini post-it note holder.  The Unbelievable paper had just the right elements to use.
 

Cutting cardstock 3 1/2" x 10", I scored it at 4", 4 1/2", 5" and 9".


Fold on all score lines, creating an accordian fold for the bottom of the holder.


I used the Incredible and Unbelievable papers to finish this project, cutting and shaping the elements I wanted and then inking the edges.


For the interior, I adhered post-it notes and another element from the Outstanding paper.  A velcro closure holds the book together.


 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Supplies:
Scoring Tool:  Scor-pal
Pattern paper, chipboard: Pink Paislee
Cardstock: Bazzill, DCWV
Ink: Clearsnap
Punch: Fiskars

1 comment:

  1. Your projects are all awesome!!! What great inspiration thanks for sharing.
    Love the coredinations paper
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete