2/14/14

Happy Valentine's Day

Hi everyone, I'm so thrilled to be a part of the Ann Butler design team.  

Since it's Valentine's Day, I wanted to show you a card I created using Ann Butler's stamps from Unity Stamps and her inks from Clearsnap.  Ann has quite a few assorted sized faux quilting rubber stamps at Unity as well as an assortment of clear stamps at Kellycraft.  I love them all!



I stamped several rows of the 1" stamps using Berry Ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder.  These inks are very wet and have a longer drying time than most inks, so you can stamp what you need then add the embossing powder.  I positioned several heart dies about the stamped images and die cut them.  I also die cut several solid pink hearts and inked the edges of all pieces before continuing.



 
 
Using the Sizzix Hearts Flip-its by Stephanie Barnard, I created the card from pink cardstock.  This die not only die cuts the card, but also provides the scoring lines.  Love it!  The Sizzix Framelits Hearts perfectly match the Flip-it die and I stacked them on the card, inserting an inked and embossed Basically Bare chipboard arrow between the layers.  To fit the arrow how I wanted it on the card, I cut it apart before adding it to the card.
 
 
 
Two smaller hearts were adhered to the flipping heart and a stamped strip was added to the base of the card with a sentiment on top.






The ribbon just added a finishing touch.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 
 
 
 
 

15 comments: