7/13/14

May Arts Design Team Submission

I am so excited to have been selected to head into the next round for the May Arts design team call.  I was super thrilled to have gotten THAT email and got to thinking about what I could submit for the final round.  Fingers crossed that I can finally get on this wonderful team, work with Bethney and have a great selection of May Arts ribbon at my finger tips!!!!

I love creating cards and mixed media projects above all else.  I though perhaps I could combine aspects of both into a portfolio with coordinating cards, plus a few extras!!!!!.   So grab a cup of coffee or tea as this is a long post!!


 
I started with the Portfolio which was created with a template from Green Sneakers and my Scor-Pal.  Most of the lovely papers I used are from the Robin's Nest
 
 
 


I received some awesome May Arts ribbon for this submission, but forgot to get something in purple!   I had some White  May Arts ribbon, but it didn't really match my project - it was just a little too stark white, so I decided to change the color with Izink's Pigment Inks.  I put 6 drops of Izink into a spray bottle and mixed it with water and got a lovely shade of purple.




Placing the ribbon in a plastic bag, I spritzed the purple mix into the bag and mixed it around  till the ribbon changed color.  I added more drops of Izink to darken the ribbon, then a little more water because it was a little too dark.  Izink is a wonderful product to work with.



Once the ribbon dried, I added it to my portfolio - it ties it shut so the recipient has a gift to open.   I then made 5 cards to fit inside the portfolio using assorted lovely May Arts ribbon.
 

 
The portfolio easily holds 4 - 6 A2 sized cards depending on the bulk created when used lots of awesome ribbon.
 

 
 Hi/Hello uses Robin's Nest papers, Hero Arts stamp, Clearsnap Ink, Spellbinders dies and May Arts Pink Net  Ribbon.

 
 

Bloom uses Robin's Nest papers, Clearsnap Ink, Marks Finest stamps, and May Arts Solid/Ivory Plaid  ribbon.



 
Wishing you uses the Robin's Nest papers, Hero Arts stams, May Arts  Turquoise Sheer/Ruffled Edge ribbon  and   White Crochet Trim.
 



Wings uses Robin's Nest papers, Hero Arts stams, Clearsnap ink, Spellbinders die and May Arts   Turquoise Sheer/Ruffled Edge ribbon.

 
 



Kindness uses Robin's Nest papers, Hero Arts stamps, Clearsnap Ink, and May Arts White Crochet Lace., a tiny piece across the top.



 
I also love making larger cards.  These butterfly cards measure 5" x 6 1/2".  They are too big to fit inside the portfolio, but I did want to share them.  I used May Arts  Pink Net Ribbon  in the die cut opening to add some fun dimension to the first card.  I used the Green Sheer/Pinstripes Ribbon amongst the flowers to create the illusion of leaves on the second card.
 
 
 
Prima butterflies, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Spellbinders dies, Robins Nest Dew Drops, Clearsnap Ink and May Arts   Pink Net Ribbon.


Isn't the Pink Net Ribbon  gorgeous?




Thinking of You uses Heartfelt Creations dies, Gina's chipboard, Mark's Finest Stamp, Clearsnap Ink, and May Arts  Green Sheer/Pinstripes Ribbon.

 
I especially love this card.  To me it is simple but elegant and the green ribbon is a nice contrast to the pink and brown.
 




So what do you think of these cards and the portfolio?  Do you think you'd create this as a gift for someone near and dear?

Fingers crossed now for the final decision of who makes the May Arts Design Team for the next year.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

7 comments:

  1. Love everything about this project, Steph! Wonderful presentation! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such a beautiful collection of cards - love your portifolio! The ribbons are awesome!! Looking at your cards makes ME want to buy those ribbons, that's for sure! I'll cross my fingers for you, Steph. I know they will be very lucky to have you on their DT! <3
    xox, Bibi from Rubber Dance

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous project! Good luck with May Arts...xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely projects! Would make a wonderful gift. Best of luck with your application!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice project! I like that you made all the cards to put inside it. Your selection of ribbons was great. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete