8/4/14

Enjoying the Beach/Back Yard

Hi everyone, it's summer time and I've got a post on this Ann Butler blog today.

I saw these Beach chairs at my local store and just had to have them.  Wasn't quite sure what I was going to do, but knew inspiration would hit at some point.




I lightly painted the chairs with ColorBox Crafter's Ink in Sunshine and   Stone Crafters Ink.  I mixed the inks with water to make them more fluid.



Then I painted the doily with Limelight, Tangelo and Berry.  The ink stiffened the doily so I was able to form it around the chair without tearing it.



I die cut 2 umbrellas using my Cricut Expression and then painted them with Tangelo Crafter's Ink before stamping with Ann Butler  Unity 2" Doily Picnic stamp in Aquamarine.  For a finishing touch, I added the Robin's Nest Dew Drops along the edges


 
For dimension I added foam dots behind the umbrella.
 

Every chair needs a chair bad so I cut canvas and stamped Ann Butler's Unity  2" Diamonds and Plaid stamps with Aquamarine Crafter's Ink.



So now we are ready to hang out at the beach (even if it is only our back yard!)


Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 




No comments:

Post a Comment