5/12/16

It's a pirate party!!

Ahoy Mateys, today I'm on the Makin's Clay blog with a pirate partyensemble.



Supplies:
Makin's® Clay - Earth Tones, Black
Makin's Professional® Cutting Mat
ColorBox Art Screen - Rounded
Earth Safe Finishes Gesso
Sizzix Framelits Banner Dies
Molding Paste
Silicone Mold


 
I found this fun pirate silicone mold in a local store.  It's really an ice cube mold, but I knew it would work well for a Makin's clay project.  Using the mold, I created an assortment of embellishments from the blended clay.  To make the embellishments more realistic, I also used black clay on portions of the embellishments. 
 
 
Now that I finished my embellishments, I pulled out a small wood box and painted it.  Then I used the ColorBox Rounded Art Screen to create some dimension.  I used Earth Safe Finishes Gesso to adhere the gauze in the corner.


While waiting for everything to dry,  I created place cards from cardstock.  On the top layer I placed stickers spelling out the children's names.  Then I added additional pirate embellishments to coordinate with the banner.

 
Once the box was dry, I adhered several clay embellishments amongst the gauze as well as another on the front of the box.

 
 
 
The pirate embellishments are adorable and perfect for a pirate party.  Makin's clay is light weight and the embellishments added little weight to the banner and place cards.
 
 
Are you ready for your pirate party?

Full details can be found on the Makin's Clay blog.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment