2/1/17

Love and Valentine's Day with Scor-Pal

Hi everyone, it's time for a new challenge on the Scor-Pal blog.  This month is anything goes, so grab your Scor-Pal and post your project on the Scor-Pal blog.  We'd love to see your creations.

I created a Love and Valentine's Day themed Box card.  I love creating box cards because the possibilities are endless.


Cut cardstock 12" x 6 1/2".
Score  at 2 3/4", 5 1/2", 7 1/4" and 11".


Rotate and score at 3 3/4".


Fold on all score lines, then cut in the smaller panels as shown.


I wanted my pattern papers to stand out, so I first added a layer of red cardstock to the panels.  Then I cut my pattern papers to fit all panels.  I find it easier to assemble the layers while the card is still flat.


Once the layers have been added to the card, I used Scor-Tape along the short edge to create the box card.  Then I began die cutting assorted sized hearts.

 
I cut thin strips of black cardstock and adhered them to the hearts.  This is what I adhered to the card so the hearts had varying heights.


For mailing purposes, the card folds flat so be sure you place your hearts inside the box card.


Die cut LOVE to fit the front panel of the card.


I hope I've inspired you to create today.

Please stop by the Scor-Pal blog to see all the designer's projects.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph


2 comments:

  1. this is fabulous! could you please tell me where you got the dies/punches for the scalloped hearts? i've been looking for those things everywhere!! i love this box...love your work. thank you for this tutorial...i imagine that i will be making these for my grandchildren now for birthdays and holidays. truly amazing. my email is: angelheartcottage@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete