11/17/17

Let It Snow Sign

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today with an upcycled winter snow sign.


Use a stencil to draw a snowman on a left over piece of a 12" x 12" panel of  Smoothfoam.


Using the Proxxon Hot Wire Cutter, I quickly cut off what I did not need.  If you haven't tried the Hot Wire Cutter yet, I will tell you that it heats up quickly and then cuts through Smoothfoam like butter. 


After removing the excess panel, I began cutting around the snowman.  The Hot Wire Cutter cuts so smoothly and easily.  Even the tiniest of areas are no problem to cut!  I always save my scraps because you never know when you'll need them!


I had a wood and metal sign that I decided to upcycle so I added gesso to both the snowman and the sign. 


Using Plaid Metallic Paints in Antique Gold, Gunmetal Grey, and Black, I painted both the snowman and the sign. 


Once the sign was dry, I used a stencil with molding paste to add stars to the background.  Then I added molding paste along the bottom to create the snow background.


I then finished the snowman, adding a carrot nose, a scarf, a pompom and holly to his hat.


Let It Snow was die cut from white cardstock.  While still in the dies, I colored the words with Antique Gold Metallic Paint.  The holly was painted with Green Flash and the berries with Red Flash.


Using Beacon Adhesives, I added all the elements to the sign.  Now I am ready for winter.  Are you?



Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment