11/3/17

Welcome Fall Sign

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today with a fun new sign I've created for my house.   It was easily created with the help of some amazing Proxxon Tools.


The Proxxon HotWire Cutter is an amazing tool.  Have you tried it?  It cuts through foam like it's butter.  And the cuts are very smooth.


Using a sheet of Smoothfoam, I taped Fall in place.  Since I used my Cricut to cut Fall, I was able to select the font I wanted and then cut it at the size I wanted.


The Smoothfoam panel was 12" x 12" so for ease of working, I cut off the excess portion first, straight across the top of the letters.  I put aside the cut off piece to use for another project.


To cut, I simply guided the design around the wire, removing the tape before it came into contact with the wire.


In about 10 minutes, Fall was cut and ready for decorating.


To get to the interior of the "a", I cut through the letter.  Since I was going to add assorted embellishments, the cuts would not be a problem.


I covered the word with gesso and allowed it to dry before painting.  Using Brushed Metal Acrylic Paint - Antique Gold, I painted the sign.  Then I used a Plaid Stencil with Brushed Metal Acrylic Paint -  Copper, and Color Shift Acrylic Paint - Green Flash on each letter.


Since this sign is foam I did not want heavy embellishments.   I pulled from my stash of Prima  flowers in fall colors adding them with brads.  Then I pulled out some clay embellishments I created with Makin's Clay.


Using the Proxxon HotWire Cutter you can create any number of  personalized projects.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment