12/6/17

Joy Ornament

Hi everyone, my newest post on the Proxxon blog i a fun new Christmas sign I've created for my home this season.   It was easily created with the help of some amazing Proxxon Tools.


I drew an ornament shape on plywood using a plate, freehanding the top of the ornament.


I used the Proxxon Jigsaw to cut out the pattern.



Once the pattern was cut, I used the Delta Sander to sand down the rough edges.


Using Plaid Ultra Dye in Infra Red, I painted the ornament using a brush from the Plaid Ultra Dye Brush Pack.  Then I used a stencil with molding paste to create a 3 dimensional design.


Once the molding paste was dry, I replaced the stencil and sprayed on some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.



Using the Precision Rotary Tool with a small bit, I drilled several holes in the panel.  I wanted to add some foliage and needed a way of anchoring the foliage in place.


I created a bow using the Bowdabra.  I placed Bow wire in the Bowdabra, then place the ribbon in the channel, leaving a 6" tail.


I placed the ribbon in the channel, twisting it on each pass.  I created a 5 loop bow making the top loops smaller than the bottom loops. 


I pulled the bow out of the Bowdabra and tied off the Bow wire.  After fluffing out the bow, I tied it to the foliage.


I wrapped thin wire around the foliage and then threaded it through the holes in the ornament.



Finally, I painted the edges of the ornament with Folk Art Brushed Metal Acrylic Paint in Silver.  Joy was die cut from cardstock and Rinea Foiled Paper, then foil was added to the top to finish the ornament look.  



What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment