2/24/18

Etching Butterflies

It's the end of February, but it still feels like winter.  We had a beautiful day recently and it got me thinking about Spring so I created a jar of butterflies using etchall dip 'n etch liquid.


Place butterfly stickers on the jar.  Burnish them to be sure they are fully adhered. 


Fill the jar with stones to weigh it down in the dip 'n etch.


Allow the jar to sit 15 minutes in the dip 'n etch.  


Etchall is reusable so pour the dip 'n etch back into its original container.  Dip 'n etch starts out clear and once it's exposed to air and heat, it tends to darken; however, that does not imped it's etching abilities.  As you can see my dip 'n etch is quite dark.



Rinse the etched jar and pat dry.


To finish, add a strip of ribbon around the edge and flowers on top.


I'm not yet sure what I'll put in my butterfly jar, but it's got me thinking of Spring.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment