3/25/18

Creating Paper Flowers with Arnold Grummer

Have you ever thought about making your own paper?  Something that is so unique to you?  It's a little time consuming, but the results are so worth it.  Steph Ackerman here today to show you that it is a lot easier than you think!  .

Using several handmade papers, I created this card.



Using the Large Pour Handmold, follow the directions to assemble.  Tear papers and add into a blender with 2 cups of water.  Once the paper has been blended, pour into the mold.  Follow the directions to create the paper then let the paper dry completely.  These are my results.  While my papers had some little "flaws", there were still perfect for my project.


I used the pink paper for the carnation and the gray/green paper for the leaves.



 Using Imagine Brilliance Ink in Pearlescent Orchid, I stamped the carnations on the pink paper.



Then I die cut the pieces using the coordinating dies.




I stamped the leaves on the green paper and die cut them with the coordinating dies.  For additional color I spritzed the leaves with Pear Tart Fireworks Spray.


The carnation was assembled, spritzed with Angel Pink Fireworks Spray and coated with Perfect Pearls.


I stamped a script stamp on the gray/green panel, then added it to cardstock. 


The sentiment was stamped on the pink paper, then torn to fit the card.


Now that all my elements were completed, it was time to assemble the card.  The panel was added to the card.  The leaves were tucked behind the carnation which was adhered to the panel with Beacon Adhesives.  The sentiment was added with foam adhesives for additional dimension.



There you have it - a truly unique card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

2 comments: