5/16/18

My Blue Bird of Happiness

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog with a new project today which I am calling my Blue Bird of Happiness. 



Supplies:
Imagine Ink - VersaFine Clair Pinecone
Indigo Blu Stamp
Petaloo, Prima flowers
The Robin's Nest Dew Drops


I began by using the Delta Sander to sand the bird.  Next, I used the Drill Press to drill a hole for his eye and 2 holes for the hanger.



I wanted some decorative details in the wood so I used the Power Carver to carve lines in the body and the tail.


I used Plaid Coastal Texture Paints in High Tide and Largo Blue to paint the bird.  I then painted Seal Grey about the body using a baby wipe to blend the colors.


Next, I added some texture by inking a grid stamp with VersaFine Clair Pinecone Ink and stamped it randomly about the bird.  Then I added a touch of ColorShift orange paint on his beak


Now that the base work was done, it was time to decorate.  I had lots of blue flowers, so I selected some Petaloo and Prima flowers.


To finished, I added The Robin's Nest dew drops as flower centers.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

1 comment:

  1. This is super I would love to have one of these for my front porch It is so pretty and springy!!!. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

    ReplyDelete