10/3/18

Happy Fall Scarecrow

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today with a new Fall project.  Check out my Scarecrow.


Supplies:
Proxxon Scroll Saw
Proxxon Delta Sander
Plaid Paints
Felt


Drawing a design on a piece of wood, I used the Scroll Saw to cut my design.


I sanded down the edges with the Delta Sander.


Next I painted the panel with FolkArt  Milk Paint in Tavern Ale.  


I used FolkArt Brushed Metal Plaid - Brushed Black for the hat.


Next, I painted the face with Delta Ceramcoat Jute.  Once dry, I added some raffia along the hat line and along the neck line.  


To complete the hat, I added a band of felt.  I created the buckle by placing a piece of Rinea Silver/Silver Starstruck Foiled Paper behind a small panel of felt and adhered it on top of the band.  Finally, I cut a strip of felt to fit the neck line placing it atop the raffia. 



Happy Fall.


What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.


Steph





No comments:

Post a Comment