10/5/18

Witch hat with Makins Clay

Hi everyone, I'm on the Makin's Clay blog with a witch hat that can double as the top of a candle holder.  While  Halloween is just around the corner, there is still  time to create some fun Halloween projects.




Supplies
Makin'sⓇ Clay - Black 
Black Gesso
Prima Marketing Metallique Paints
Paper mache hat
Candle Holder


Start by conditioning black clay then running it through the clay machine.  I started on setting #1 and continued rolling the clay through the clay machine on each setting until I had the thickness I desired.  For this project, I ended on setting #5.



I found a paper mache witch hat that I thought would be fun to alter.  Damp clay with seal together without glue, so starting from the tip, I wrapped the clay around the point.  I cut off  the excess clay as I covered the hat.   I snipped the clay along the bottom edge so it would sit evenly on the brim.  



I took the cut off remnants and wrapped them around the brim, sealing them to the hat.  Again I trimmed the clay so it would sit evenly on the brim.


I cut off the overhanging clay then painted the hat with black gesso.  Once dry, I decided to paint the hat a lovely metallic purple.


I wanted to add some "hair" to the hat so I die cut Rinea Glossy Copper Foiled Paper and adhered the hair under the hat.


I then curled each piece individually by wrapping each around a craft tool.  Next, I adhered some white mesh around the hat.  


To finish, I adhered some lovely purple jeweled spiders to the mesh.


I created the witch wand by wrapping black clay around a stick.  For the top of the wand, I die cut  Rinea Ebony Starstruck  Foiled Paper and added it to the top, curling each piece.



Thanks for stopping by.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment