11/7/18

Thanksgiving Cards with Rinea Foils

Hi everyone, now that Halloween has passed, it's time to turn our thoughts toward Thanksgiving.  Joy Clair and So Suzy have some wonderful stamps so I've paired them with assorted die cuts to create wonderful Fall cards.

The Autumn Foiled Paper pack has some really rich fall colors.  Glossy and Starstruck papers in colors called Ruby, Mocha and Marigold.



I created a 5 1/2" square card from brown cardstock and added a layer of script paper on top.

Using a wonderfully intricate cornucopia die from Tutti designs, the foil cut beautifully.  I cut the cornucopia from Mocha and added a piece of Marigold Starstruck under the pumpkin, gluing it to the pumpkin veins so it would stand out.  Then I added Marigold under the cornucopia.


Next, I die cut an oval from Marigold and embossed it with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  A smaller oval was die cut from Gold Foil (you can use the reverse side of any of the foils) and embossed with a script embossing folder.  I placed the cornucopia on the oval, leaving the corner edge free.



Happy Thanksgiving from So Suzy/Crackerbox stamps was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink on Marigold.   Embossing power was added and the panel was heat set.  Because foil buckles in the heat, I had this funky effect.  


Once it cooled, I smoothed out the stamped panel and matted it with cardstock.  I love the effect.  I then placed it on the card with foam adhesives.


For my next card, I created a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card from brown cardstock then added the same script background panel.


I chose a Spellbinders die that would be used to showcase all the colors in this collection.  The largest layer was die cut from Mocha and the smaller layer from Gold.  The flowers were die cut from Ruby and the leaves were die cut from some scraps of Emerald.



Happy Fall Y'all, from Joy Clair was stamped with VersaFine Clair Nocturne Ink on white cardstock, then die cut to fit the center of the panel.  A ribbon was die cut from Emerald and adhered to the center.    To finish, dew drops were added randomly to the flower centers.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment