12/17/18

Quick and Easy Christmas Projects - Day 3

Hi everyone.  Christmas will be here before we know it.  The last four years I've blogged about last minute Christmas ideas you could make in under 60 minutes.  Well, it's that time again and I've got some new projects to share.

I created these fun Christmas cards using the Rinea Jolly Foiled Paper Variety Pack, stencils and paints.  If you haven't used Rinea Foiled Papers to create mixed media effects, you will be amazed at how sturdy the foils are.



From the Jolly Foiled Paper Variety Pack, I used Starstruck Silver, Glossy Ruby/Gold, Glossy Silver/Gold and Glossy Emerald/Gold.

I used Memory Box ornament dies.  They come with the both the base layer die and the detailed top layer die, and when combined, they create amazing ornaments.



Using a stencil from Expressions Craft, I created two different backgrounds.  



On the Starstruck Silver Foil, I used gray paint randomly through the stencil.  I did not want full coverage so I randomly added gray paint.  



Using the same stencil, I created a very different effect on the  Glossy Ruby/Gold panel by spritzing Tattered Angels Baseboard Mist through the stencil.



I matted the Starstruck Silver panel with the reverse side of the Glossy Ruby/Gold foil.  To create the ornaments, I layered the Glossy Gold outline atop the Glossy Ruby base using On Point Glue.  I adhered them to the silver panel with foam adhesives for dimension.  A strip of Glossy Gold was added across the top of the card to anchor them to the card.  The sentiment from Joy Clair Stamps was stamped on a white oval, matted with Glossy Ruby/Gold foil and adhered to the card amongst the ornaments. The panel was then added to a panel of white before being adhered to a black card.



To create the other set of ornaments,  I layered the Glossy Silver outline atop the Glossy Gold base using On Point Glue.  I adhered them to the stenciled Glossy Ruby panel with foam adhesives for dimension.  A strip of Glossy Gold was added across the top of the card to anchor them to the card.  The sentiment from Joy Clair Stamps was stamped on a white oval, matted with Glossy Gold and adhered to the card amongst the ornaments. The panel was then added to a Glossy Emerald/Gold   panel before being adhered to a white card.



These ornaments are quite delicate and the foils make them stand out.  Adhered to stenciled backgrounds, the ornaments really stand out.


Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to stop by daily as I show you more quick and easy Christmas projects.

If you missed my previous posts, you can find them here: 

Quick and Easy Christmas Projects - Day 1
Quick and Easy Christmas Projects - Day 2

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment