11/23/19

Altered Candle and Card with Rinea Foiled Papers

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog with an altered decorative candle and coordinating card today.


I found this plain blue sparkly candle and knew it needed to be altered. 



The Frosted Foiled Paper Variety Pack was perfect with it's amazing selection of foiled papers and colors.


I began by cutting the Glossy Silver/Gold Foil to fit the candle.  Next, I cut a strip of  Starstruck Turquoise Light Blue/Gold smaller and adhered it to the Silver.  Using a Memory Box die, I die cut the snowflake spray twice from Glossy Silver/Gold Foil and adhered both pieces to the center of the panel.  Then I wrapped the panel around the candle and adhered it.


Using Joy Clair's Merry Christmas Sentiments Stamp Set, I stamped Let It Snow with StazOn Pigment Ink in Piano Black on Glossy Silver/Gold Foil and then die cut it.  It was then adhered to a larger Glossy Sapphire/Gold die cut shape.


To create a base for the candle, I die cut Glossy Sapphire/Gold Foil with a medallion die.


The medallion die cut was adhered to the bottom of the candle and allowed to sit overnight.  Let It Snow was centered on the snowflake panel.



Such a pretty candle, don't you think?    It would make a nice gift.  But please remember that it is for decorative purposes only.

And since I am giving the candle as a gift, a coordinating card was needed.


I embossed Glossy Turquoise Light Blue Glossy  Foil with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then used sand paper to lightly sand the embossed portions.


The embossed panel was adhered to white cardstock, then wrapped with ribbon before adding it to a blue card.


A phrase was stamped on Glossy Turquoise Light Blue/Gold Foil and die cut, then matted with white cardstock.  The phrase was then added to the card with foam adhesives for dimension.   Finally, dew drops were added to the card.

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment