5/7/12

Mother's Day

The newest challenge at Kuretakezig is called Spring Blooms and I found the perfect stamps to use.


Since Mother's Day is next Sunday, I created a Mother's Day Card using Hero Arts and Inkadinkadoo stamps as well as Zig Scroll & Brush Markers and Zig Textile Markers.


Using the brush tips of each marker, I first colored the rose with Zig's Scroll & Brush Markers in Pure Red. To add a little more texture, I added a touch of Zig's Scroll & Brush in Summer Sun  to the edges of the rose.  A Green Textile Marker was used on the stems and a Scroll & Brush in Spring Green was added on top.  I inked the sentiment with Summer Sun, then die cut it with Spellbinders dies.


To achieve the water color effect, I lightly spritzed the stamps before placing them on cardstock.  This definitely softened the colors.  After die cutting my image, I used the scroll tip of Summer Sun to edge my die cuts, providing just a hint of color before mounting to the base.  I also used the scroll tip to edge the pattern paper before adhering it to the base.



Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: American Crafs, K&Co.
Markers: Zig Scroll & Brush Markers; Zig Textile Markers
Stamps: Hero Arts; Inkadinkadoo
Die cuts: Spellbinders
Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment