5/18/17

Joy Clair and Imagine Blog Hop


No automatic alt text available.



Hi everyone, it's Day 2 of the hop between  Joy Clair and Imagine.  We have partnered to show you how well these products work together.


One of the Imagine products I received is Fireworks - Summer Sky.  Fireworks are a spray ink with shimmer that can be used on light and dark papers for different looks.  First I spritzed Summer Sky Fireworks on white cardstock.


Next I spritzed Summer Sky on a piece of black cardstock (lower right corner).  Since I spritzed over pallet paper, I had residual spray left on the pallet paper.  So I simply dragged another piece of black cardstock and another piece of white cardstock through the residual ink and got these amazing patterns.  I continued to move the papers around on the pallet paper to pick up all the remaining ink.


I used a stamp from the Joy Clair Bandana Bits stamp set, stamping it with Versafine Smokey Gray Ink on the white spritzed cardstock.


I also stamped the smaller image with Smokey Gray Ink and fussy cut it.  Next, I "painted" it with Memento Bahama Blue Ink using a water brush.


For some visual interest, I scored 5 lines in the opposite corner.


To finish, I stamped thank you with Versafine Smokey Gray Ink which I die cut, then placed atop a larger circle which I added  to the card.  I also lightly inked across the scored lines for some more definition.


I used On Point Glue to add the pearls to the card.  This glue has an extremely fine tip so even the tiniest of items can be glued easily.


For my second card, I used an embossing folder to emboss the black cardstock that I dragged across the pallet sheet.  Doesn't it look amazing!.


I stamped image from the Joy Clair Just Kitten Around stamp set directly on the card with Versafine Smokey Gray Ink and colored it with colored pencils.


Using a Spellbinders die, I die cut an oval in the embossed cardstock.  Using the white cardstock that I dragged through the ink, I die cut an oval border which I adhered to the card with On Point Glue.   


Using Memento Bahama Blue Ink, I added a touch of color around the oval opening, then I placed the panel on the card over the colored image. 


Happy Birthday from the Joy Clair Paisley Bouquet stamp set was stamped with Versafine Smokey Gray Ink and cut into a pennant shape.  It was matted with a left over scrap and added to the card with foam adhesives for dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping and be sure to leave comments during these two days of the hop so you can be entered to win one of two $25 Joy Clair Stamps Gift Cards or one of two $25 Gift Cards from Imagine!!! Joy Clair winners will be announced on the Joy Clair Blog at the end of the month and Imagine winners will be announced on the Imagine Blog.

Steph Ackerman     YOU ARE HERE




If you missed Day 1, start at the Joy Clair blog and see some more wonderful creations.

Steph
 




28 comments:

  1. Very cool products and cards! You showcased that spray really well and the critter is a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two awesome cards Steph! I love how you used the Fireworks with the stamps, they look terrific together!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I really LOVE the black cardstock ... amazing texture with the Fireworks! and emboss folder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What creativity! Your background is awesome. Love the texture

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a bedazzled masterpiece! I love the black background and this cute little guy is darling! I don't have this set yet but I really like it! I will have to go look at it! Great work Steph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly, the black background is my favorite.

      Delete
  6. Great cards! Love the embossed background you made with the dark cardstock and the Fireworks spray! Cute little critter on that card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the black looks like outer-space.
    Great ideas for using up drips.
    I have to remember that.
    thanks faor sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cars are really pretty, my favorite is the embossing on the black card. Great choice on stamps and inks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great backgrounds you created with these products.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steph! Love your cards and the wonderful techniques you have shown. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards Steph - I think I "need" that bandana bits stamp set - they are so pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yummy, yummy! That embossed card DOES look amazing! Love the shimmer and shine effects you achieved too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fantastic backgrounds and that cat is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little critter is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look of the Fireworks spray. So pretty and fun to play with. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete