12/19/17

Snowflake Banner wtih Rinea Foiled Paper

Hi everyone, I'm on the Rinea blog with a new banner celebrating winter.  It's getting colder and snow is definitely on it's way.



Foiled Paper cuts wonderfully with any die cutting equipment and I used Spellbinders Grand Circle Dies to die cut  Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.


Next, I used Silver/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper to die cut 4 large snowflakes.  Using an older, not so tacky Cricut mat, I taped the foiled paper to the mat then loaded it into my Cricut.


I set my Pressure to medium and Speed to high and hit cut.  Look at the crisp, clean snowflakes I was able to cut with my Cricut.


I like to remove the die cut images first.  Then I remove the rest of the foiled paper from the Cricut mat and put it aside for another project.  I try to use all the scraps of foils that remain.


To add some dimension to each snowflake, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss tiny dots on each one.


Using left over scraps from the Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled paper, I created the tops of the ornaments.  


The letters were die cut from the left over scraps of  Silver/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.   The circles were die cut from Turquoise/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and adhered to die cut circles


I punched holes in each piece then joined them all together with ribbon.



Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment