12/15/11

Merry Christmice

This is the card I submitted for the first round of the Spellbinders Design Team tryouts. Alas, I did not make it, so I can now show off this card. I love how it all came together.



I started with Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Circles and created the card base, allowing the cutting edge to go off the edge of the cardstock so I had a card. I then used my Scor-pal to score the card. I cut another seperate Scalloped Circle for the top layer which I adhered half way up to create the stand.



I used a digi image from Elizabeth O. Dulemba and colored it with Copic Markers, adding some Spica pens for shimmer.



I cut a Grand Circle from black cardstock and a smaller Circle from gray cardstock. On the gray cardstock, I used Clearsnap's Music Notes Rollagraph Wheel with Ancient Page Pine Ink, then also inked around the edges of the circle. Some black twine from the Twinery was used around this circle.



For the base, I added another gray circle which was inked with Ancient Page Pine Ink. The sentiment was also stamped then inked with Ancient Page Pine Ink was added to the center of the base with foam adhesives to allow the card to stand up once it was open. Finally, I inked around the scallops with Donna Salazar's Black Mix'd Media Inx.

Supplies:

Dies: Spellbinders Grand Circles, Grand Scalloped Circles, Large Circles
Scoring tool: Scor-pal
Cardstock: Worldwin
Ink: Clearsnap, Donna Salazar - Black Mix'd Media; Ancient Page Pine
Stamps: Clearsnap Rollagraph wheel - Music Notes; Hero Arts sentiment stamp
Image: Digi image by Elizabeth O. Dulemba
Markers: Copic Markers, Spica Pens
Twine: The Twinery
Foam Adhesive: Helmar

1 comment:

  1. So cute, Steph! I hope you'll share it in my gallery: http://dulemba.com/index_CPTgallery.html . :) e

    ReplyDelete