11/21/14

Flower Molds with ETI

Hi everyone, I've continued to work with some wonderful products from ETI

Last week, I showed you how to create a personal mold using Easy Mold Silicone Putty.  Today I'd love to show you how I used the molds.

These flowers are the result of adding Easy Cast Clear Casting Epoxy to the flower molds I made.  By mixing equal parts EasyCast Resin and EasyCast Hardener, I poured the mix into the flower molds.  Be sure you are on a level surface and allow to cure for 24 hours   The resulting pieces easily popped out of the molds and the molds can be used over and over. 

The deeper mold in on the left and the shallow mold is on the right.  Now that I have both, I think I actually prefer the shallow mold!

 
In my haste to see what I could create, I completely forgot to add color to the resin!!  I solved the color issue by "painting" Ann Butler's Iridescents to my molded flowers.  I love the results and the pieces are gorgeous and translucent. 
 
 
As you can see, there are some "extra" pieces around the edges of the flowers.  That's because I filled the molds too high and the resin spread.  Next time, I'll add just a little bit less resin.  Now that I had these sparkling pieces, I needed to make something.  Having just picked up some mini wooden spools, I decided to see what I could create.  I first inked the spools with ColorBox Crafter's Ink for Ann Butler in Aquamarine and Lilac.  Then I added the molded flowers on top and placed a little flower in the center.


Wouldn't these look wonderful in a child's dollhouse?
 

Or, what about making a bunch and just let them sit amongst your craft supplies?


 
 
These are such fun products to work with.  I can't wait to play around some more and see what else I can create.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment