1/3/15

Artsy canvas

Hey everyone, today I'm sharing a fun mixed media project that was on the Art Anthology blog last month. 

I'm using an assortment of left overs - letters, trinket, metals and more.  This is one of those pieces that you can just play with and see what happens.



I began by gessoing some paper strips onto a canvas.


Next, I added random words to the canvas using gesso as the adhesive.   To really anchor them down, I added gesso on the entire canvas once I like my word placement.  As you can see I used all different letters in assorted sizes and styles.





Next, was the fun part - adding color.  I used Art Anthology paints in Honolulu Blue, Kenyon Copper, Mia Bella, and Mia Bella, painting each letter haphazardly .  I didn't care if some color got on the canvas.



Once everything was covered, I spritzed Art Anthology Colorations in Waimea Bay, Glorious and Timeless about the canvas.  I love how the Colorations interacted with the colors I had already painted on the letters.


To finish, I used modeling paste with a Crafter's Workshop stencil randomly about the canvas.  It added just a little bit more dimension to the canvas.


Lastly, I added some metal embellishments I found in my stash.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment