4/23/15

TKE Fraternity Etched Soda Bottles

Hi everyone, I've got a project to share today using etchall etching crème.  Etchall is so much fun to use with relatively little work to be done by you!

My son recently asked me to create some centerpieces for his Fraternity's meeting.  He gave me no ideas of what they wanted, just something "pretty".  Well, that could mean almost anything to a bunch of guys!  But I recent picked up some soda bottles and thought I could use them for this project.



I began by using my Cricut and die cutting vinyl with his fraternity letters, TKE.  I used the negative vinyl die cut and after placing it on the soda bottle, I added etchall etching crème on the vinyl, leaving it in place for approximately 15 minutes.   Using the negative is a great way to avoid having to add tape around the area you don't want etched.


The etching crème is reusable, so after the allotted time, I removed the etching crème and placed it back into the jar.  After rinsing the jar, I removed the vinyl.



This is the result - beautiful lettering that looks so professional.  I placed little rocks in the bottom of the bottles for support.






I made some large tissue paper flowers for each bottle and tied some burlap ribbon around the neck of each.




My son actually said he and the guys liked them!  What a compliment!
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph

 

No comments:

Post a Comment