7/25/14

Ann Butler and Cool2Cast blog hop



Hi everyone, this month the Ann Butler Design Team is working with products from Cool2Cast.  

Cool2Cast is a product similar to Plaster of Paris that you just mix with water and pour into a mold.  However, it is much lighter than Plaster of Paris and has a nice porcelain finish when dry.  Mix with water in a Ziploc bag; pour and wait approximately one hour before removing from the mold and then let it dry completely before coloring.  The cold cast designs you can create are amazing - and you can use any flexible mold.

I received an assortment of floral designs to work with  and created this dream canvas.


I began by spritzing the canvas with  water, then painted ColorBox  Crafter's Ink by Ann Butler in Aquamarine and Limelight on the canvas.  The water on the canvas allowed the ink to flow freely across the surface so I could get gradient colors.  I placed the canvas aside to dry while I prepared my other elements.




This Cool2Cast flower is very pretty (unlike my photo).   In order to get into the crevices, I spritzed the flowers with water, then used an art dauber with Berry Ink to add color. 




 Lilac and Berry inks were added to additional flowers.  Limelight and Sunshine were used on the leaves.  I stamped several floral stems on the canvas with Limelight Ink, then adhered the flowers and leaf.     To simulate grass along the bottom edge, I used the 2" Leaves all over stamp set.
 
 


Tangelo, Sunshine, Turquoise and Lilac were painted on the butterfly after first mixing the inks with water.  I just love the effect these inks have on the products.   The butterfly's tail was created by adding Dew Drops from the Robin's Nest.

 
 
For some more dimension, I used stamps from the 2" Stripes. Dots. and Hearts  stamp set and the 2" Doily Picnic stamp set, stamping them around the edges of the canvas in Aquamarine and Limelight.  Then added some Lawn Fawn stickers to spell out "dream" across the top of the canvas.
 
Be sure to stop by everyone's blog and see what they've done with these fabulous products --

Ann Butler
Ava Gavloski
Beth Watson
Carmen Flores Tanis
Connie Hall
Irit Shalom
Kristi Parker Van Doren
Larissa Pittman
Lisa Rojas
Roberta Birnbaum
Steph Ackerman       HERE
Tiffany Windsor
Vishu Reberholt

What's a blog hop without a prize package and leaving some comment love on every blog.

To Enter for the giveaway please leave a comment.  For each blog you leave a comment on, your name will be entered into the giveaway drawing, so be sure to check out the entire Blog Hop for more chances to win!


 Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 
 

25 comments:

  1. Steph I love this canvas the colors look wonderful....thanks for being part of the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the things you can do with canvas.....I may need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. such fun and inspiring things are being done on this hop. I think your canvas is adorable! You did great showcasing these products. Hugz~Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful canvas! I have a butterfly mold that I was wondering how I would color it if I casted it - and your butterfly is beautiful! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Thanks for the explanation about what Cool2Cast is. Tere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your light and airy canvas, Steph - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this project Steph! The variegated effect that you achieved with Ann's ink color on the Cool2Cast flower is awesome! I definitely want to try that technique! So very honored to have you work with Cool2Cast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your canvas project, I really like how you got the colours to be gradient on it. Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be beautiful hanging in my granddaughter's room. You did an awesome job with the variegated effect. I'm going to ATTEMPT to do it, but I doubt it's as easy as you make it look. cdahlgren at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful project and awesome coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph, Very pretty canvas! I look all of the colors! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colours! Lovely canvas, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty canvas! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty canvas - the colors are stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your canvas is so whimsical!! I just love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is beautiful, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a lovely canvas, Steph! It will make any wall happy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love butterflies - loving your canvas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love flowers and butterflies......:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a darling canvas! I need to try out the Cool2Cast, for sure! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You did a really great job here! :)

    ReplyDelete