8/25/12

Summer Party!

It's summer and it's time for a party - and doesn't a party need it's own set of awesome ideas (besides the food, I mean). Let's talk invitations, placecards and wine charms. Check out this collection I created for www.scrapbookpal.com this month!!



Let's start with the invitation.
I used black, green and white Bazzill cardstock and Creative Imaginations pattern paper.
The watermellon shape layers were cut from the Just Because Cricut Cartridge at 7 3/4".
To make the watermellon more lifelike, I took a "bite" out of the top layer with a Spellbinders dies.
"You're Invited" was cut from the Calligraphy Cartridge.


Rather than adding invitation details (which you can easily do) I chose to create the words you see here from the Plantin Cricut cartridge using Bazzill cardstock and Creative Imaginations pattern paper. Then I punched a hole in the upper left corner and added some ribbon and twine which allows the watermellon to swing out.


Now that the invitation was complete, I decided to create place cards.
Using white cardstock, I cut each place card 2" x 4" and scored them in half to create 2" x 2" place settings.
The watermellons were cut as shown above, but at on a smaller scale at 3".
The names were cut from Plantin at 1 1/2".


I think I had the most fun with the wine charms. Once I figured out how to let the guests distinguish their glass from the others, I cut the watermellons at 2", punched a hole in the corner and added different colors of Twine. The assorted colors of Twine will help your guests remember which glass is theirs!


I had a lot of fun creating these party element. Just think of what you can do for your next party.
Thanks for stopping by today. And don't forget to stop by the blog and see what our other designers have been creating.


And, remember that orders over $25.00 ship free and usually within 24 hours.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: Cretive Imaginations
Twine: The Twinery
Die cuts: Cricut Expression
Cartridges:  Just Because, Plantin, Calligraphy



No comments:

Post a Comment