Imported from Germany, the foils are made of paper surrounded by 2 layers of colored aluminum foil so there is a nice weight to them.
As we are headed towards Christmas, I created a banner with ornaments and pointsettias created from assorted colors of Rinea Foils.
Rinea Foils - Glossy Plain-Red/Green; Embossed-Red, Green, Silver, Copper
Whisker Graphics Twine
Cardstock and pattern paper was cut to create the banner pieces then adhered together with brads. Using Spellbinders dies, I die cut the large ornaments from black cardstock, then used the next sized die to cut ornaments from Red, Silver and Copper Foils. Coordinating twine was tied around the foil ornaments and the foil layer was adhered to the cardstock layer with foam adhesives for dimension.
Using my Cricut, I die cut JOY from Green Embossed Foil. As you can see, the first "J" I cut tore while die cutting. I usually have my speed and pressure settings at maximum, but found it to be too fast to cut the foil. I die cut the "O" at medium speed and pressure and, while it did cut better, I found it too slow and it dragged the foil a bit. I then cut the "Y" at high speed and pressure which cut the best as did the last "J". The other 2 "J"s did not cut well as I did not clean my mat completely before cutting. (Lesson learned!)
Using Red and Green Embossed Foils, I die cut and embossed the pointsettia using Spellbinders dies. The foil cut really well and embossed beautifully. A dollop of glitter glue was added to the center of the pointsettias.
The ornaments were added to the banner using clothes pins which were clipped to the tops of the banner. Smaller pointsettias were glued to the clothes pins and a dollop of glitter glue was added to the center of each.
To finish, I tied some jute to the ends so I could hang the banner.