9/26/17

Decorative Fall Jar . 

Happy Fall everyone.  Today I've got a new project to share using products from EtchallⓇ.


Did you know that etchall has a stencil spray?  It's perfect to use with all stencils.  And it worked perfectly with a 12" Crafter's Workshop Stencil.  Just spray the stencil completely and let dry till it becomes tacky.  Then, place the stencil around the jar - no tape necessary!


I covered the jarwith etchallⓇ etching crème.   As you can see, my etching crème has darkened over time, but that does not affect it's use. 



I waited 15 minutes then removed the etching crème, scraping it back into it's bottle.  Etchall is reusable so be sure to scrape as much as you can back into the bottle.  Place the jar under running water to remove the remaining etching crème before removing the stencil.


Allow to dry completely before continuing.


I painted orange paint on the jar and allowed it to dry completely.  Etching the jar allows the glass to have some "tooth" to which the paint can adhere.


I then used a baby wipe to remove some of the paint .  As you can see, the paint adhered to the etched portions of the jar.  To achieve a streaky look, I simply I rubbed a little harder to remove some more of the paint.


Decorate as desired.  I added some pretty fall ribbon to the top and placed a flower in the center.


Fill the jar with an assortment of items or simply use it for a decorative purpose amongst the pumpkins as shown here.


Thanks for stopping by.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment