5/8/18

Ireland Bound with Canvas Corp.

Hi everyone.  I'd like to show you a fun project I created based on a Canvas Corp. Challenge.  Crew Members received a 12" x 12" kraft envelope that we had to use in our project and were asked to use this envelope in different ways. 

I decided to use the envelope as a base for a mini album which will document our trip to Ireland later this year.

 

 
 


I pulled together enough pages for my trip.  Then, for stability, I stitched the pages to the center of the envelope.


The front cover and the flap were decorated with papers from the Wanderlust collection and all the pages were inked with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink for an aged appearance. 

 
For a fun effect, I spritzed Glimmer Mist on the center pages as well as on some of the other pages.

 
Pockets were created to hold all sorts of ephemera from our trip.  The numbers indicate the days of our trip and I hope to document where we've been/what we've done each day.  Photos can also be added after the trip.

 
I added plenty of tags since they can be used for quick notes about the day and things we've seen and done.  Molding paste through a travel stencil added fun effects to each page.
 

 Layers of papers and mini bags just add to the fun nature of this album as they add visual interest.   Tags were tucked behind the suitcase and can be easily removed and reinserted. 


There is a lot of room to write notes about the trip on the tags or directly on the pages themselves. There's also plenty of room for photos.

 
A double pocket was created on page 7.  To add to the travel theme, torn ticket stubs were added to the page.   The torn elements add to the fun nature of this album.   Additional molding paste through a travel stencil was used on page 8. 



I have a page for each ay of our vacation so I can store all the little trinkets we collect along the way.  Also, the main panel does open up so that can hold larger items from our trip.  I added jute so the album could be closed so I don't lose any of our memorabilia.
 
 
 Ireland was die cut using my Cricut and "18" was cut from kraft cardstock.
 
 
I hope you enjoyed my post.   Please stop by the Canvas Corp. blog to see what everyone else has created for this challenge.
 
Thanks for stopping by.

Steph

2 comments: