11/4/18

Housewarming Basket with Makin's Clay

Do you know someone who has just purchased a new home?  Why not put together a gift basket with assorted goodies the new homeowner will enjoy.  I've decorated a plain wood basket with Makin's Clay embellishments..





Supplies:
Makin's Clay - Straw, White, Red, Green
Makin's ProfessionalⓇ Cutting Mat
Makin'sⓇ Clay Push Mold - Leaves
Makin'sⓇ Clay Clay Tool Set
Beacon Adhesives - 3-in-1
Imagine Shimmer Craft Spray-Frost




Since I had some opened clay, I decided to created a variety of colored leaves.  I began by conditioning the clay, keeping some leaves a solid color, then mixing clays to achieve a variety of colors.


Using the Leaves Push Mold, I created quite a few leaves.  While still damp, the leaves are easy to handle and I used the Rasp tool from the Clay Tool Set to cut away any undesirable edges.


Once the leaves were ready, I spritzed them with Imagine Shimmer Craft Spray to give them a little bling. 


Next, I arranged the leaves in a pattern on the basket and glued them in place with Beacon Adhesives.


 I filled the basket with all kinds of goodies from sauces to coffee to candies and cookies.


What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Steph





No comments:

Post a Comment