5/5/13

Happy Mother's Day

Hi all, it's almost Mother's Day and I miss my Mom terribly.   I can't believe it's almost a year since her passing.  I know that she would have loved this card.

I'm in love with this new paper collection from Simple Stories.  It's called Vintage Bliss and it's packed with 24 double sided sheets of amazing patterns, designs and colors.  Not only is it perfect for vintage cards and Mother's Day cards, but I can also see some Father's Day and Graduation cards with this paper pad.

Today, I selected a woodgrain pattern from this collection.  After inking it with brown ink, I mounted it on a piece of Reich Shine Champagne  which I cut to fit my card base. 

 
 
I used the reverse side of the woodgrain paper to hold the Mother's Day sentiment which is a rub on from My Sentiments Exactly, placing it across the card.  After inking it with brown ink, I found this lovely Ivory Cotton Teardrop Trim which was perfect for adding just the right amount of femininity I was looking for.


 
The poppy stamp is from Justrite Stampers Poppies Labels Twenty-Nine.  I colored them with Copic Markers, then used Spellbinders Grand Big Scalloped Ovals to die cut the image. After inking with brown ink, I die cut a larger oval from Wausau Index Green Cardstock.  For a little bling, I used a Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Pen in the center of the flowers.




The image was then mounted to the card with Joy Foam Adhesives  giving it a little dimension.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment