1/2/20

Lavinia World Challenge #17

Hi everyone, it's time for the next challenge at Lavinia World Challenges.  Please check it out and join in the fun.

I've created 2 cards using Tree Goddess Luna.


I was going for a sunrise scene on the first card, using the MISTI to stamp Luna in lavender ink and the branch in brown ink.


I then restamped Luna so I could it as a mask over the main image.  Using 3 colors of Brilliance ink with art daubers, I added colors to the panel.  The mask made it easy to add color to the background only.  The dauber fit perfectly in the tree branches, giving the illusion of an orb or looking glass.


I used Lawn Fawn dies to die cut the stamped panel, then matted it with peach and black cardstock.


The background panel was embossed and lightly inked, then added to a black card.  A strip of sparkly ribbon from LARibbons was added across the center.


Brave, from Brave and Beloved was stamped on white cardstock and then punched out.  It was matted with a larger punch and added to the upper corner of the panel.  Nuvo drops were added to her wings for a little shimmer.


My second card uses the same image, but I stamped her in black ink.


I also used a mask so I could color the background with light blue ink.


Using a large circle die, she was die cut, being careful not to cut off the edges.  Again, I used orange ink to add color to the center of the tree limbs creating an orb.


I created a gate fold card from navy cardstock and added pattern paper panels before adding Luna to the card.  Dream is from Once Upon a Dream.  Since I only wanted that one word, I just inked that word then punched it so I could add it to the card.


Then I added Nuvo drops to her wings.


Would love to see what you create for Challenge #17.  The winner of the challenge will receive a
$15 gift certificate to Lavinia World to shop for more goodies.   Remember there is a new challenge every other Thursday.  Can't wait to see what you create.

Thanks for stopping by.


13 comments:

  1. What a graceful, soft, feminine creation, Steph! I had not considered using my Brilliance inks on the fairies, and I bet they would look amazing! Something to think about for the next challenge! Thanks for the tip. Both cards are WONDERFUL! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph- this is gorgeous! I love the coral coral colors with the glitter and the patterned paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Steph! I love how each one looks so different even though you used the same stamp. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous set of cards, Steph! Love the sunrise colours and how fun that the dauber fits perfectly in the tree branch. The orb certainly adds an element of magic to your scene.
    Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    ♥ Lena
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards! My favorite is the coral one, I just love the black and coral together, it is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful color palette, Steph! I love both cards! I even like the raised mask on the example (picture #3) ..it was cool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! Love the way you shadow stamped the fairy !

    ReplyDelete