4/18/11

Fiskars - Part 2

Fiskars is having and Open Design Team Call so I am submitting an application. Based on their requirements, this project is the article requirement based upon a Thank You card I created.

My mother has been hospitalized for most of this year and the rehab facility is doing an awesome job caring for her and working to get her back home. I wanted to show my appreciation for all they've been doing for her. So, in addition to providing some yummy boxes of chocolate, I wanted to send a special card.

Thank You Card

Using a standard card base (5" x 6 1/2"), I cut brown cardstock to fit the base. Then I trimmed the pattern paper slightly smaller. Flipping the pattern paper over (I love double sided papers!), I cut the floral side 3 1/2" x 6" and matted it with brown cardstock. I layered all these pieces together and machine stitched them together.

I stamped the sentiment in black ink on a small piece of cream cardstock, then inked the edges. I then matted the sentiment with brown cardstock and adhered it to the card. I cut out 3 flowers from excess floral paper, inked the edges and added them with brads for a nice 3 dimensional look.

I love to finish the inside of cards, so I added a small floral strip along the bottom edge. I stamped another small saying on cardstock and punched it out with the oval punch. After inking the edges, I added it to the bottom strip, along with another flower that was cut out, inked and added with a pop dot for dimension.


Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: Heidi Grace
Ink: Memento, Ranger
Brads: Making Memories
Tools: Fiskars Oval Punch, Paper Trimmer
Stamps: Fiskars Clear Thanks
Other: Machine stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment