4/20/11

Quick Quotes DT Call

I recently disovered that Quick Quotes is having a Design Team call. This is truly exciting as I have always loved QQ papers and vellum quotes since finding them several years ago at a CK convention. Pulling out my papers, I knew I just had to apply.

So I've created the following projects:

Happy Mother's Day Card:



I used a pre made card and cut brown cardstock to fit the card base. Strips of assorted QQ pattern papers were matted on brown cardstock and added to the card. I added a heart doily on top, then stamped the sentiment on cream cardstock which was die cut into a circle. A pink scalloped circle was then added as a mat. This was added to the card with pop dots. After assembling the card, pearls and rhinestones were added for some bling.

Cardstock: Bazzill, Coredinations
Pattern paper: Quick Quotes
Rhinestones: Mark Richards, Want 2 Scrap
Ink: Memento, Ranger
Stamp: Inkadinkadoo
Die cuts: Spellbinders, Nestabilities

Friendship Card:



QQ paper collage was perfect for this stamped image. Brown cardstock was cut to fit the card base. The pattern paper was cut slightly smaller and the edges were rounded. After stamping and coloring in the image, I die cut it with a Nestabilies shaped die. A friendship sticker was lightly inked and then matted on cardstock and added to the card with pop dots.

Cardstock: Bazzill, Coredinations
Pattern paper: Quick Quotes
Stamp: Stampavie
Ink: Memento, Ranger
Markers: Copic, Spica
Sentiment: Making Memories
Die cuts: Spellbinders, Nestabilities

Fairy Dust Card:



I created a 5 1/2" square card from cardstock and then added QQ pattern paper which I first embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder. The felt border was matted on matching cardstock to help it stand out. The fairy image was stamped and then colored with Copic markers before die cutting and adhering to a scalloped circle. The image was added with pop dots to the card.

Cardstock: Bazzill, Coredinations
Pattern paper: Quick Quotes
Stamp: Justrite
Ink: Memento, Ranger
MarkersL Copic, Spica
Felt: Prima
Embossing: ProvoCraft, Cuttlebug
Die cuts: Spellbinders, Nestabilities

Altered tin box (holds candy for mother):



I have had this tin box forever!!!! It was about time I altered it. Since the tin was blue and cream, the QQ paper worked well with it. I first fit QQ pattern paper around the tin, then cut additional strips to mat on top. I die cut the doll with my Cricut and dressed her in coordinating papers. Pearls were added as earrings and a rhinestone was added to the purse.



Flowers were added to the top of the lid with a stamped sentiment and a brad.



Assorted candies were placed inside.

Supplies:
Doll: Cricut Expression
Cardstock: Bazzill, Coredinations
Pattern paper: Quick Quotes
Stamp: Stampabilities
Ink: Memento, Ranger
Tin: Michaels
Rhinestones: Mark Richards
Brad: Basic Grey
Flowers: Bazzill, Prima

No comments:

Post a Comment