4/18/11

Fiskars - Part 3

Fiskars is having and Open Design Team Call so I am submitting an application. Based on their requirements, this project shows a unique tool use. I chose to create my own background paper with clear stamps and create my own flower with the oval punch.

It's a Bridal Shower Card

To create this bridal shower invitation, I used a word stamp from the clear Romance stamp set and stamped it 12 times on white cardstock. This created a nice background for my card. After tearing all the edges, I lightly inked the edges and mounted this piece on brown cardstock which was slightly smaller than my card (5" x 6 1/2").



Using an oval punch, I created the "petals" that surround my focal image. I punched 8 white petals which I lightly inked and 8 brown petals. Once I positioned them around the card, I machine stitched them in place. Using the Clear Wedding stamp set, I stamped "love" on each white petal. "It's a bridal shower" was stamped and matted with brown cardstock. This was also added to the card front with pop dots for dimension. Rhinestones were added.



After stamping the wedding clothes, I cut the image with a circle punch and lightly inked the edges. I added this image to the card with pop dots for dimension. Rhinestones were added along the right edge.



Inside the card, I stamped a border and champagne glasses in pink from the Clear Wedding stamp set. I added rhinestones around the glasses, following the bubbles and then added rhinestones inside the border stamp. The wedding details were then stamped in black.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill
Pattern paper: Heidi Grace
Ink: Memento, Ranger, Colorbox
Rhinestones: Michaels
Tools: Fiskars Oval Punch, Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Stamps: Fiskars Clear Wedding stamp set, Fiskars Clear Romance stamp set
Other: Machine stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment