8/13/14

My Core'dinations Creative Frenzy

Core'dinations, a manufacturer or amazing color core cardstock is having a design team call.  It would be awesome to be a part of their team, so I'm submitting my application.  They have asked for 3 projects showing what can be done with Core'dinations cardstock, so here they are


Let It Snow Card
Supplies:
Cardstock:  Core'dinations
Stamps: Penny Black
Ink: Memento
Markers: Copic Markers
Embossing: Cuttlebug
Dies: Spellbinders
Other: Paper Tagger, Ribbon



I began by cutting cardstock to fit the card front, then cutting another piece slightly smaller to fit on top.  I embossed the smaller piece with a Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder.





Using the Core'dinations sanding block, I sanded the snowflakes so the under side (the blue) would show through.  Then I lightly distressed the edges for the same effect.  I also embossed a smaller piece of cardstock and lined up the snowflakes on top of the base.  The Penny Black image was stamped with Memento Ink and colored with Copic Markers, then the oval circles were cut with Spellbinders dies.  A ribbon was tied around the card and the image was placed on top.  Foam adhesives were added for dimension.



To finish the card, a Penny Black sentiment was stamped and matted and then attached to the ribbon with a Paper Tagger.




Winter Card
Supplies:
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Digital Image: Cornish Heritage Farms
Markers: Copic Markers
Ink: Clearsnap, Ranger
Embossing: Sizzix
Scoring Tool:  Scor-pal
Dies: Spellbinders

For my second project, I used the Core'dinations Kraft Cardstock and Graphic45 Cardstock. I love the rich colors of each collection and the many ways you can use it. I chose to create a combination card/envelope.


The Kraft-Core cardstock is a combination of rich colors on one side and Kraft on the other. I used a sheet of the red Kraft-Core for the base of my card, cutting 2 pieces 5 1/2" x 11".  I then scored each piece at the 5 1/2" center point.  Lining up the center of each piece, I cut them on a diagonal to create the flaps.



Adhere the 2 pieces together on the square panel so that a card is formed.


Using the diagonal cuts, flip them over to use the Kraft side. Trim them to fit the flaps and then emboss with an embossing folder.   Since I was going with a winter woodland scene, I chose to emboss with a wood grain embossing folder.  Lightly ink the edges before adhering to the card.



Add a strip of red cardstock across the center of the card.  Print a digital image from Cornish Heritage Farms and color with Copic Markers. Using Spellbinders circle dies, die cut and lightly ink the image with Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink.   Cut a larger Spellbinders circle using the green cardstock from the Graphic 45 collection.



Cut a panel of green to fit inside the envelope and adhere a punched tab to the right corner.  Using the Scor-pal, score 3 lines each 1/4" apart along the bottom edge of the card to create a decorative finish.


I stamped a sentiment which was then die cut with Spellbinders circle dies in 2 sizes. After inking the edges, I placed it on the panel slightly above the final score line.  I did not want it to show above the stamped image on the front.


And the finished envelope and card.




Christmas Package
Cardstock: Core'dinations
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Embellishments: Robin's Nest
Twine: The Twinery

My next project is a small gift package using the Graphic 45 collection.  This cute package could be used for all kinds of small gifts for the holidays.  Think a teacher gift, a different type of wrap for a gift card, even a piece of jewelry.


Cut red cardstock 4" x 4" and score around every 1". Cut in on 4 sides and fold to create the bottom of the package.  Then add Scor-Tape around the entire piece as this will hold the package together.




Cut green cardstock 5 1/2" x 9" and mark the center of the bottom.  Using an  embossing folder, emboss the tree onto the cardstock (being sure to emboss at the center point), then use the Core'dinations Sanding Block to remove some of the color on the tree.


Gently fold this piece around the box.   At the back, where the paper overlaps, add some additional Scor-Tape and gently adhere the pieces together.


Cut a 1" x 9" strip of red cardstock and score in half. Once folded, add Scor-Tape to both sides and gently fold around the top of the box to finish off the top edge.



Punch 2 holes in the top and add twine to tie it shut.


Decorate the tree with assortment embellishments.  I used  Dew Drops from the Robin's Nest to decorate my tree.



This is just a sampling of the projects I have created wtih Core'dinations cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment