8/3/14

Winter Fun with Art Anthology

I am so super excited to be joining the Art Anthology Team.  And today, I've got my first post on the Art Anthology blog today.




I know we are months away from winter, but it's so hot in New York, I decided to play with snow. 



I started with corrugated board and just tore away some of the top layers.


 
 
I painted  Bone Stone Effects and Frost Sorbet over the corrugated board.  It added just a hint of color to the board and dried very quickly.  A little more Frost Sorbet in the crevises gives the illusion of ice.  I really love the effect these paints have on the board.  
 

I also painted a large chipboard gear with Honolulu Blue.  Once dry, I painted some  Frost Sorbet on top for an icy effect.



I fussy cut a snowflake and added it to the layout with a brad atop the painted gear.



 
More Frost Sorbet was added to the title.
 

Fun was die cut with my Cricut Expression and more Frost Sorbet was painted on top.

 
Lastly, I added some awesome May Arts ribbon so I could hang this panel in my studio.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 

2 comments:

  1. What a great winter page - the blue/ice/snow looks great contrasted with the red dog! Congrats on your new DT!

    ReplyDelete