9/28/16

Sorority Centerpieces

Hi everyone, it's time for some more crafty fun with etchall®.

A college sorority needed some centerpieces for a sorority gathering and I was asked to design the centerpieces.


I die cut the symbols that were needed for the vases from vinyl, then used painters tape to tape off the portion of the glass I did not want to etch. 

 
I covered the area with etching crème and left it to sit for 15 minutes.  As you can see my etching crème is quite dark, but that in no way impacts it's etching ability.

 
After 15 minutes, I scraped the etching crème back into the jar.  After rinsing off the vases, I pulled off the vinyl to reveal the etched symbols.  Since etchall® etching crème is reusable, it can be used for many, many projects. 


 
To finish, I cut Styrofoam to fit in the vases and placed glass beads to hold the Styrofoam in place.  The sorority symbols and flags were then inserted into the Styrofoam.


Look around you and you will find lots of fun glass objects to etch with etchall®.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment