9/22/16

Beautiful Backgrounds with Gel Press

Hi everyone, I am participating in the Designer Crafts Connection blog hop this month.  This month we are working with Gel Press



Gel Press was kind enough to send me a 5" x 7" plate and I am in love!  There are so many options when using the plate. 


While I often use paint with the Gel Press, this time I decided to use Susan K. Weckesser's Color Pop Pigment Inks from Clearsnap, stamping them directly on the plate.



 
Next, I used a brayer to blend the colors on the plate.  I pulled one print at this point, but I wanted some more detailing.
 
 
So, I placed the Rounded Art Screen from ColorBox on the plate.

 
I placed white cardstock on the plate and rubbed.  I used the second print for the background of my card and used the first print for the JoyClair stamp set - Santa's Coming.
 
 
 
Then I reinked the Gel Press with the same inks and used the Mandala Art Screen from ColorBox.  I placed the Art Screen on top, placed white paper on top and pulled a lovely image.  Then I obtained the negative effect by removing the Art Screen and placing a second sheet of paper directly on the plate.


I used the positive image for my card's background and the negative for the sentiment.  I stamped a sentiment from JoyClair's Hello Autumn stamp set on the negative portion, then die cut it for the center of the card.  I think it looks wonderful!
 
 
And then I played around and pulled some additional prints using stencils and assorted paints for some future projects!
 
 
 
Please stop by the DCC blog to see projects from all the designers.
 
Please leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think! 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 
Steph
 

15 comments:

  1. Love how you used the Gel Press plate and pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background you created for this Autumn card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background on the Autumn card and I just used that quote on a pillow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous backgrounds Steph <3 Love the Hello Autumn card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards Steph. I love how you used the inks on the plate, great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steph - what a great idea!!! Never even thought to try my ink pads. Always looking for creative ways to put the stash of inkpads to use. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steph - I didn't even think of using ink pads. Thanks for the clever idea. Love your project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda - stamp pads are an alternative I love to use.

      Delete
  8. loved the idea of using ink pads and just love your cards

    ReplyDelete