10/28/16

Etched Candy Jar

Hi everyone.  Now that the holidays are approaching, it's time to start thinking about decorations and even gifts. 

Here's a quick gift that would be perfect to give as a hostess gift or even use as a decorative element around your own home.



Etchall is a reusable glass etching crème.  It works amazingly well and quickly!   

First, I taped off the portion of the glass that I did not want etched using painters tape.

 
Next, I die cut "SWEET" from vinyl using my Cricut Expression.
 
Placing the negative vinyl on the glass, I used the spatula to get a good seal.  Then I covered the entire jar with etching crème.  Following the directions, I allowed it to sit for 15 minutes.

 
Since etchall is reusable, I simply used the spatula and returned the excess to the jar.  Next, I rinsed the jar and removed the vinyl and painters tape.  This process ensures that what you wash off does not come into contact with portions of the glass you did not want etched.
 



And there you have it - a sweet jar for all your candy!
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph
 

No comments:

Post a Comment