Amasting Casting Products was kind enough to send me a selection of their products. to work with.
As we are hearing Halloween, it's the perfect time to create some Halloween cards for family and friends. I used Amasting Casting Products to create the frame and the skull.
I began by creating the frame. Using equal parts of the mold putties, I combined them until I had a solid color with no streaks.
Next, I formed the base for the frame that I wanted to create. I placed the frame on the mold putty and pushed until the design was embedded in the putty. I left the frame in place for about an hour.
And this is the result - a beautifully detailed mold. Some of the color from my frame became embedded in the mold, but that did not affect the final piece.
The next step was to prepare the resin according to the manufacturers instructions, then pour it into the mold I created. Allow the resin to cure per the manufacturer's instructions - 24-48 hours. Since I had some left over resin, I poured it into a silicone skull mold. And these are the results.
I painted the resin elements with red and blue paints to coordinate with the background papers.
To create the card, I used a print I pulled from my work with Gel Press last month. I embossed the print with a Cuttlebug embossing folder, then used Distress Ink across the embossed portions. Since I wanted the skull to stand out, I die cut an oval to place behind the frame and painted it to match the card. Then I adhered the resin elements to the card with Beacon Adhesives.
I love how this turned out.
Please stop by the DCC blog to see projects from all the designers.
Please leave me a comment, I'd love to know what you think!
Thanks for stopping by today.