8/25/17

Spooky Etched Candy Gift

Hi everyone, with school about to start and Fall following closely behind, it's time to turn our thoughts to Halloween gifts and decorations.  The stores are completely stocked with Halloween and Thanksgiving items, so I thought I'd start creating my gifts now.
Begin by adding die cut words and/or images to a glass container.  I die cut a variety of vinyl elements using my Cricut Expression. 


Unfortunately I ran out of the black vinyl so I used a light blue vinyl which is a little hard to see on the glass.  There is no difference in etching with 2 different vinyls.  I didn't want the etching crème to etch inside the glass so I placed a masking tape barrier across the top edge.


Next I covered the glass with etchallⓇ etching crème.  I could have also used etchallⓇ dip 'n etch with similar results.  My etching crème has darkened over time, but that does not affect it's use.


I waited approximately 15 minutes then removed the etching crème.  Since the crème is reusable, put the etching crème back into the container to be used for additional projects.


Rinse the glass thoroughly and remove the vinyl to reveal the etched designs.





Add some raffia inside the dish.  Place a small bag of candy decorated with a bow created from the Bowdabra and you've got a spooky gift to give.


Thanks for stopping by today.

Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment