Drawing the design on a of plywood, I used the Micro Bandsaw to cut the straight edges.
I also used the Scroll Saw to cut around the candle.
Once fully cut, I used the Delta Sander to sand down the candle. The angled head allowed me to get into the tiny edges.
Using masking tape, I taped off the candle so I could paint the flame with gold metallic paint and the candle base with black metallic paint.
Once dry, I used glitter paint to paint the candle.
I wanted to add some decorative elements, so I went through my stash of flowers and pulled out a rose as well as leaves that would coordinate well with the candle.
Next, I used intricate die cut words with Rinea Gold Foiled Paper to add words to the base.
It now looks wonderful amongst my holiday decorations.
Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment