6/3/20

How to make a patchwork heart

Hi everyone, I'm on the Proxxon blog today with a patchwork heart.


For today's project, I used the 2 Speed Scroll Saw to cut a a heart, then used the Band Saw to create the zig zag pattern while cutting it in half.



The Disk Sander made easy work of sanding the pieces.



Next, I used the Bench Drill Press to add holes in both pieces of the heart.


I began by painting the heart with Plaid black paint.  Next, I used modeling paste through a stencil to give the heart some depth.


I added an assorted of Plaid paints to give my heart life, then painted cross stitches where the colors met giving the illusion of a patchwork piece.  Using StazOn Ink, I stamped a script stamp randomly about the heart.


To "mend" the heart, I threaded ribbon through the holes and tied  it at the bottom.


Finally, in keeping with the patchwork/stitching theme, I added assorted embellishments.



Thanks for stopping by.


Steph


1 comment: